Chipping Campden Surgery Monthly News Flash – October 2020 Edition
Help us to help you this Winter
Due to the coronavirus outbreak, how you contact us will be different at the moment. This is to limit face-to-face contact whenever possible and help stop the spread of coronavirus. In addition, the usual winter pressures facing the NHS will be increased.
Campden Surgery is open to help you – if you need advice from your GP, please ring us on 01386 841894 or visit our website – our reception opening hours are 8 30am – 1 30pm and 2pm – 6pm weekdays. You can also call NHS 111.
Please do not come to the surgery unless you have an appointment or to collect medication.
Appointments are being delivered face-to-face, online and over the telephone. If you are asked to come into the surgery for a face-to-face appointment, please remember to wear a face covering. Measures are in place to keep you safe from infection during your visit to the surgery.
Our patients can also help themselves prepare for the difficult winter ahead by taking the following actions:
- Keep a thermometer for use at home
- If you have a known blood pressure condition, purchase a blood pressure monitor if you are able so that you can advise the GP or Nurse of your current readings.
- Sign up to online services to order prescriptions/see results of tests/book appointments/access your medical records – either via the NHS app or by contacting us with your ID. This will decrease the pressure on the telephone lines at the surgery.
- Use the website forms or email us for non-urgent queries
- Keep yourself updated on relevant information about government advice and practice services/changes due to changing Covid requirements (via the newsletters on the website and in the local bulletin)
- If you have a telephone consultation booked, try to be ready to accept the call when the GP or Nurse telephones to avoid multiple attempts.
Finally, please be patient with us – the clinicians and staff are all doing their best to maintain services as much as possible during these unprecedented times. We have been open all throughout the pandemic providing treatment to our patients.
Influenza clinics 2020
All vaccinations will be by appointment only.
Appointments will be bookable via the online booking system via the website or by telephoning the surgery. We will invite eligible patients to book during October and November.
Please note that most of the adult flu clinics will be held at Chipping Campden School to ensure social distancing is maintained.
Four ways to seek healthcare advice from a GP:
- Call your surgery to discuss a face-to-face or virtual (telephone or video) appointment
- Visit your GP surgery website and complete a confidential online form to receive a response.
- Call NHS 111 or go online to seek advice at www.111.nhs.uk/
- Download the NHS App to order repeat prescriptions, book appointments and check your symptoms.